Gaia-X Hub Austria OBJECTIVES
Based on the four strategic areas of action defined in the Mission Statement of the Gaia-X Hub Austria, the Hub aims to achieve the following 21 operative objectives by the end of 2023
- The Hub is established and recognized as the primary point of contact for all topics and questions relating to the European Gaia-X initiative.
- The Hub is set up professionally in terms of its organization as well as all relevant processes and activities, and is subject to transparent quality control and governance.
- The Hub operates on a stable financial basis.
- The Hub has established close and amicable working relations with the staff members responsible for digitalization agendas at various Austrian ministries.
- The Hub supports the smooth functioning and well-prepared work of the Advisory Boards.
- The Hub has established a concept for its work after 2023.
- The Hub processes queries related to Gaia-X topics quickly and competently.
- The Hub maintains a comprehensive website, various newsletters, and other tools facilitating information exchange and communication (e.g. chat channels, online document archives) for a wide circle of recipients.
- The Hub has compiled appropriate and comprehensible information formats (documents, presentations, short videos) on all relevant contents and topics of the Gaia-X initiative and made them available to a wide audience.
- The Hub has assembled a collection of examples describing use cases (implementation schemes), business cases (business models), and Gaia-X-compatible cooperations in concrete and comprehensible terms.
- The Hub has become an information platform for potential cooperations and funding programmes.
- The Hub has established a trustful relationship with the European Gaia-X Association and facilitates intensive information exchange.
- The Hub consolidates important requirements and topics of regional (Austrian) initiatives and positions them within the European discourse.
- The Hub provides strategic consultancy for ministries and political processes upon request (e.g. in connection with necessary framework conditions for digital ecosystems or funding programmes).
- The Hub has established an excellent network with other Hubs and exchanges information regularly. In particular, there is a high degree of cooperation and mutual trust with Hubs from neighbouring and Eastern European states.
- The Hub has ensured the establishment of a well-networked ecosystem within Austria (associations, businesses, organizations, project groups) whose members regularly exchange information and experiences and undertake cooperations.
- The Hub has organized an international congress (e.g. a Gaia-X Summit) in Austria.
- The Hub has conducted four stakeholder analyses, published their results, and formulated corresponding deductions for further activities.
- The Hub has conducted at least ten information meetings/roadshows within Austria.
- The Hub has conducted at least four consultancy workshops (deep dive) within Austria.
- The Hub has actively contributed to companies/organizations founding at least ten active Gaia-X Federations or actively working on at least ten Gaia-X-compatible projects in various cooperation models.
Gaia-X Hub Austria NON-OBJECTIVES
Non-objectives of the Gaia-X Hub Austria for its first performance period (until the end of 2023) are:
The Hub will not develop any business cases of its own. It is conceived strictly as a non-profit organization.
The Hub will not participate in Federations or operate Federation Services.
The Hub will not offer any form of commercial consultancy services (e.g. for the development of company-internal data strategies).
The Hub will not disburse any subsidies or funding.
The Hub will not perform any certifications.